Thursday, May 27, 2010

Menu w/ shopping list

I realized today that I hadn't been updating my blog with ANYTHING. No meal plans, no recipes. But yesterday I had a friend mention that she didn't know how to meal plan. I logged into my google documents and emailed her a link to 3 out of the last 5 weeks meal plans/grocery lists. Then I realized that was exactly what I wanted to start this blog for in the first place.

There are so many websites and cook books out there that have recipes and grocery lists. But the problem is YOU still have to search the internet, find recipes that you are willing and able to make, and then put all of them in one shopping list. So I have sort of done that for you.

What I realized was that when I make my grocery list for me. It takes into account what I have in my pantry and I only shop for what I need. So if stir fry is on the menu, I already have ginger, peanut oil, soy sauce and sesame oil- so those aren't on the list.

Well, I'm going to change that. From now on, I'll put all the ingredients on the sorted grocery list and then you can just cross off what you already have in your kitchen. I'll occasionally post recipes that I really love w/ cooking instructions. But if your just a home cook looking for fresh, healthy, relatively easy recipes to cook, just check back every week. I'll post my previous meal plans and then from here on out, I'll do all the work for you (minus the shopping and cooking!!)

Week 1)
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Abv9VgrShh8zZGc0NjVyM2dfNDJocHdxdHFocg&hl=en

Week 2)
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Abv9VgrShh8zZGc0NjVyM2dfNDBjanpycXJkZA&hl=en

Week 3)
https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0Abv9VgrShh8zZGc0NjVyM2dfMzZnN25iNXJnNw&hl=en


No comments:

Post a Comment