Thursday, August 5, 2010

Let the Real Adventure Begin

Life is far from what I had expected as a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom for those that don't know). I thought it was going to be days filled with play time and napping and fun, fun, fun. It is fun, and we do nap and play, but I didn't realize all the other stuff that went into raising a child. I guess I did know, but not totally. Its cooking and cleaning, teaching, correcting, loving, hugging, napping, correcting, cooking, cleaning, napping, playing.....you get it.

So back in April or May the hubby mentioned that maybe I should consider going back to school. To be perfectly honest, the thought hadn't crossed my mind. It wasn't even on my radar. But at the very mention of it, I got excited. I could once again pursue my interests independent of Graham. I looked at the transfer requirements and the only school that I had enough credits to transfer to was DePaul. I submitted my transcripts and crossed my fingers. All my eggs were in this one basket and I wanted it to work out.

Good news....it DID work out. I was accepted and am enrolled for the Autumn quarter as a declared Chemistry major. . Now its time to navigate the traditional college world as a full time MOM.

In the next few upcoming posts, I'll be detailing the work that went into getting financial aid, a nanny for my son, adjusting to school as an adult student, making the budget work, my volunteer work (orientation is next week for that), and trying to grow my Beachbody business (and staying in shape) with all this stuff going on! Life is about to get a lot more interesting and adventurous and I'm ecstatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment