Thursday, December 17, 2009

Turkey Meatloaf w/ Black-eyed peas and Collard Greens

Tonights dinner turned out just as I had hoped. Everything was tasty, but totally well rounded. I had legumes, veggies, lien protein. It was flavorful with tons of fresh herbs and whole ingredients. Rather than typing the recipes up, I'm just going to put the links.

A quick note about the Meatloaf, I half the recipe, use half fresh half italian seasoned breadcrumbs, and I use slightly less chicken broth. The recipe won't be any good with dried herbs...so don't try that as a shortcut. I have tried this recipe 5 times now and have finally come up with what I believe is the best variation.

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Turkey-Meatloaf-with-Mushrooms-and-Herbs-355229

The Black-eyed Peas and Collard Greens was good just as it was but it serves 6 so half the recipe if you don't want to eat it for leftovers for days as Erik and I will be doing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/27/health/nutrition/27recipehealth.html

Enjoy this healthy meal with whole, fresh ingredients! We did.

No comments:

Post a Comment